Re: Question about redo size in dump file and view

From: Jonathan Lewis <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 19:59:59 +0100

<> wrote in message On Jun 7, 3:10 pm, "Jonathan Lewis" <> wrote:

> From the redo record you posted, the 488 is (roughly):
> Record header:
> 12 byte
> Change vector 1
> 140 bytes redo for table insert
> Change vector 2
> 132 bytes of undo header transaction table slot acquisition
> Change vector 3
> 80 bytes to clear the undo header transaction table slot
> Change vector 4
> 132 bytes for recording the undo vector for the table change

Have you documented your findings/research methodology on this type of thing? If so, I would love to read it.

I just have a collection of notes that I've written over the years, nothing in a form I would publish. One of the other posters had given a link to some work by Riyaj, there's some more available from Eric S Emrick, and Julian Dyke has some very good material on his website.

Jonathan Lewis

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ