From: <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:31:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 7, 4:29 am, Mladen Gogala <> wrote:
> I was just awaken by the system administrator who was, in turn, awaken
> by a nagios beep about the CPU that was running amok on one of my
> database servers. The "top" command (platform is on RH EL 4.2/
> x86-64) identified the process as J003 and V$SCHEDULER_RUNNING_JOBS gave
> me the JOB_ID.
> Now, there is no documentation as to what is "JOB_ID", there is no such
> column in the DBA_SCHEDULER_JOBS. After short digging, I discovered that
> there is table called SYS.SCHEDULER$_JOB and that the JOB_ID column in
> V$SCHEDULER_RUNNING_JOBS corresponds to OBJ# column in the
> SYS.SCHEDULER$_JOB.  If you check how the DBA_SCHEDULER_JOBS view is
> constructed, you will see a join with SYS.OBJ$ on the OBJ# column.
> In other words, one can query DBA_OBJECTS to find out the corresponding
> job information. JOB_ID = OBJECT_ID. Interesting thing to discover,
> especially when awaken at night.
> --

I use dba_scheduler_running_jobs in similar situations (I wasn't aware of v$scheduler_running_jobs, until now). It has job_name, SLAVE_OS_PROCESS_ID (OS process id), running_instance (useful for RAC) , plus few other columns.

-Madhu S Received on Tue Jun 09 2009 - 12:31:11 CDT

Original text of this message