Re: Anyone know RMAN?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 22:42:19 +0200

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 13:23:51 -0700 (PDT), art_at_unsu.com wrote:

>We just set up RMAN on a new database. We are already running RMAN on
>a different database and all is good. After a backup on the new
>database we get this:
>
>"specification does not match any archive log in the recovery
>catalog". (There are archive logs in the destination area).

As you quote the message out of context, the question can not be answered. Note, there are a number of reasons why you can this message.
When you never backed up any archivelogs you will get this message on the 'backup validate' command.
When backup optimization is on, any archivelog will be backed up only once, and subsequent backups can result in this message.

BTW who is 'we'? Why is everyone using 'we' , when it they mean 'I'. In West-European languages using 'We' instead of 'I' is known as the 'Majestic Plural' : the plural kings are using. You are not a king, are you?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA