Re: Installing and Uninstalling Oracle 11g

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 05:18:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 2, 10:12 pm, p..._at_kartik.com wrote:

snip

> I'd like something like this:http://boulayp.free.fr/oracle/blog/rac11gxenlinux/racxen11.html
> for, Solaris.  I guess I could follow the instructions and apply to
> Solaris....trying to figure out the "shared disks"....
>
> Kartik Vashishta

Well I only took a short peak at what you cited but it seems to say NFS so that article is based on using apparently NFS to provide shared disk storage.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel here as it looks like you are mostly going for a learning experience.

If you are not a strong solaris/oracle admin you will find it a little challenging to setup the environment correct ( kernel config ) unless you follow a step by step thing ( and don't skip steps ) that has all the instructions.

That is one of the strengths of the stuff Jeffrey Hunter provides ... "it's all in there" from soup to nuts. Received on Wed Jun 03 2009 - 07:18:54 CDT

Original text of this message