Re: Refresh Materialized view manually

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:58:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 2, 1:42 pm, naga.cha..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2:32 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 2, 1:10 pm, Nag <naga.cha..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
> > > We have a materialized view which was scheduled through dbms_jobs. At
> > > the same time, we want to have capability to refresh manually when
> > > some event happens.
>
> > > Is is it possible to do this? Do we have any issues with this?
>
> > > We are on 10gR2 RAC with three nodes.
>
> > > Your input will be appreciated.
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Naga
>
> > You can execute the refresh job any time you'd like, presuming it's
> > not currently running.  You don't provide much detail on what sort of
> > 'event' needs to happen to get a refresh started.  Provide more detail
> > regarding this request so someone can possibly assist you further.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> We refresh this view every 30 seconds automatically.
> Sometimes underlying tables will be updated by users and they want to
> generate a report right away with the updated data.
> They don't want to wait next 30 seconds, for the latest data. So want
> to provide a manually refresh so that latest data will updated in
> materialized view.
>
> Thanks,
> Naga- Hide quoted text -

You refresh this every 30 seconds and you have users that won't wait that long? My thoughts are to let the users wait; 30 seconds is not an unreasonable interval, and I expect the 30-second interval was scheduled because you could not refresh at a shorter interval.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Jun 02 2009 - 13:58:12 CDT

Original text of this message