Re: How to remove out-of-the-box policy violation from Database Control

From: <akkha1234_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 1, 12:29 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On Jun 1, 1:48 pm, Anthony <akkha1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,  I just installed a new Oracle 11g box with a new database created
> > using DBCA with all the out-of-box settings.
>
> > Using database control, I can see a lot of "policy violation" warning
> > etcs. For example, one warning is "Control File Permission (Windows)".
> > Apparently, it is complaining about the control file permission bit.
> > So I go in and remove all permission except for systems and the oracle
> > dba group ORA_DBA (in window). Still it is complaining. How do I fix
> > it?
>
> > Thanks for any suggestion
>
> I believe it's any permissions other than for ORA_DBA generating the
> complaint.  No other user/group should be writing to the control
> file.  Restrict the permissions to only the ORA_DBA group and see if
> that clears the violation.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

I know. But the files need also be accessible by "system" users. This is windows.
In fact, the enterprise manager recommends "Ensures that access to the control files directory is restricted to the owner of the Oracle software set and the DBA group."

I did exactly according to the recommendation and yet I still got the error Received on Mon Jun 01 2009 - 16:02:22 CDT

Original text of this message