Re: How to remove out-of-the-box policy violation from Database Control

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 12:29:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 1, 1:48 pm, Anthony <akkha1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,  I just installed a new Oracle 11g box with a new database created
> using DBCA with all the out-of-box settings.
>
> Using database control, I can see a lot of "policy violation" warning
> etcs. For example, one warning is "Control File Permission (Windows)".
> Apparently, it is complaining about the control file permission bit.
> So I go in and remove all permission except for systems and the oracle
> dba group ORA_DBA (in window). Still it is complaining. How do I fix
> it?
>
> Thanks for any suggestion

I believe it's any permissions other than for ORA_DBA generating the complaint. No other user/group should be writing to the control file. Restrict the permissions to only the ORA_DBA group and see if that clears the violation.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Jun 01 2009 - 14:29:20 CDT

Original text of this message