How to remove out-of-the-box policy violation from Database Control

From: Anthony <>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:48:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I just installed a new Oracle 11g box with a new database created using DBCA with all the out-of-box settings.

Using database control, I can see a lot of "policy violation" warning etcs. For example, one warning is "Control File Permission (Windows)". Apparently, it is complaining about the control file permission bit. So I go in and remove all permission except for systems and the oracle dba group ORA_DBA (in window). Still it is complaining. How do I fix it?

Thanks for any suggestion Received on Mon Jun 01 2009 - 13:48:11 CDT

Original text of this message