Re: Installing and Uninstalling Oracle 11g

From: <pref_at_kartik.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:26:18 -0700 (PDT)

On May 28, 12:41 pm, macdba321 <macdba..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 28, 2:19 pm, johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
> > On May 28, 12:17 pm, p..._at_kartik.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I installed a standalone Oracle 11g on Solaris 10, sparc. How do I,
> > > completely uninstall it. My aim is to install clusterware, and I am
> > > running out of disk space, so, how do I install clusteware, do I first
> > > uninstall the Oracle 11g installation, and then start a fresh
> > > installation of clusterware?
>
> > > Kartik Vashishta
>
> > Did you look at the oracle documentation?  It's free.
>
> Yeah, it's a shame that it's also free to post useless comments. If
> you have nothing useful to say, STFU!!!!!
>
> Kartik, you do not "need" to fully remove 11g db prior to installing
> clusterware, it is your choice. However, if you are out of space, then
> obviously "there can be only one!"  Are you installing RAC? Your post
> did not mention anything as such.
>
> -Mac

I intend to install RAC. I'd like to use Oracle Clusterware on solaris. I have two systems, one is a dual cpu the other is a single cpu, they both satisfy the requirements of standalone oracle installation(operating system, ram, etc). I am assuming that I ought be able to install clusterware on them, and yes, RAC. Hopefully I do not need two, or more, "identical systems".

Kartik Vashishta Received on Mon Jun 01 2009 - 11:26:18 CDT

Original text of this message