Re: starting up a rac node via sqlplus?

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 05:43:57 -0700 (PDT)

On May 30, 3:22 am, wrote:
> oops, accidentally posted this to .misc...
> In sqlplus you can shutdown a node in a rac cluster via
>     connect sys_at_node3
>     shutdown immediate
> Is there a way to start up a node as well?
> I am scripting some regression tests related to node failover
> and it would be great if I did not have to script ssh'ing into
> the server but could keep everything at the sqlplus level.
> TIA!
> Mark
> --
> Mark Harrison
> Pixar Animation Studios

We normally start our instances by logging onto the node in question as Oracle and then running a script that just sets the Oracle environment for the target database and invokes sqlplus with the startup command:

. set_ora_environ dbname
sqlplus /nolog <<EOF
connect / as sysdba
EOF If a password file is set up then you can get a sysdba connection remotely and just issue the startup command. We do not allow remote sysdba, but lots of sites do.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat May 30 2009 - 07:43:57 CDT

Original text of this message