Re: 10g Grid Control - migrate data

From: joel garry <>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:30:38 -0700 (PDT)

On May 28, 7:45 am, wrote:
> Hi,
> Current:Grid Control
> Proposed: HA Grid Control on new servers (using Load
> Balancer)
> We have historical data in our current grid db repository. Anyone know
> how to migrate the data from a grid db repository to
> grid db repository?
> I searched metalink, but couldn't find anything that had info on this.
> Appreciate any pointers/help.
> May have to open an SR with Oracle Support (hopefully get a good
> analyst).
> Thanks for you help.

Try the Best Practice for Disaster Recovery (DR) section in the OracleŽ Enterprise Manager Advanced Configuration manual. It notes you have to modify the emoms.properities [sic] and targets.xml files to let everything know the new location. There's also a metalink document found by searching the knowledge base for moving grid location. Whether these work, I wouldn't know.

-- is bogus.
911 fail: