Re: orana.info is junk

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:21:55 +1000

joel garry wrote,on my timestamp of 27/05/2009 4:06 AM:

> Some people like http://www.ora600.be/aggregator

Good one, thanks! Will give it a try for a while.

> and the links off of those. Though it is pretty funny or sad how long
> some good bloggers have gone without blogging (give that noons guy a
> kick in the pants :-).

Aye! Guilty as charged...
In my defence: the biggest economic crash in history means I'm flat out trying to keep my employers interested in my services and my kids in a good school...

(still waiting for the feedback from EMC on exactly why does our SPA execute I/O at half the speed of SPB...)

Besides I'm catching up with my photography, fishing and garden and all the free time is taken up! (why are days getting shorter?)

> Twitter and such may be cutting into the
> activity of the bleeding edge types, I still don't get it, though
> recently one of the trains I take has started giving updates
> ( metrolinktrains.com ), now _that's_ useful - if the data is complete
> - amtrak has a website train-on-time screen (and 800 number), which
> can be really good, or have db problems...

Amazing. I never got the point of Twitter, and quite frankly the notion of writing out what I'm doing just for the fun of it strikes me as a bit off the charts. I already run a diary, but that's for work and not exactly for public consumption. Still: all the power to those who make sense of it or find it useful. I'll just skip it. Received on Wed May 27 2009 - 04:21:55 CDT

Original text of this message