Re: Oracle 11 in Active DIrectory

From: Jean-Marc <baille_jm_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 02:46:37 +0200

Thank you for your answer ...

I think i have follow all instructions, but my english is not very good (i'm french) and i have many difficulties to follow oracle'sdocumentation (too many docs everywhere) ....

Thanks !

<johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> a écrit dans le message de news: 5487c18e-9cf3-440d-b029-eb4ad1a71e1d_at_c9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... On May 23, 7:50 pm, "Jean-Marc" <baille..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I try again to install oracle 11g in my active directory domain, i finally
> arrive to create the oracle context with netca, but inscriptions dont have
> the oracle icons just th simple directory icons. In active directory users
> and computers mmc i don't have the options "test" and "connect with sql
> plus".
>
> I precise that while i do the inscription i have the fllowing messge
> "oracle.netConfigException: TNS 04420 but after a second try i finally
> obtains the AD inscriptions.
>
> did i miss something ?
>
> Thanks

Did you look at and follow the oracle documentation for installing on your operating system and with active directory?

If you skip reading the doc and don't follow the free supplied installation instructions then bad things can happen. Received on Sat May 23 2009 - 19:46:37 CDT

Original text of this message