Re: Errors on Duplicate for stanby

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:58:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:44:01 -0700, ewertonsalles wrote:

> Oracle Error:
> ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error
> below
> ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent ORA-01110: data
> file 1: '/u01/oradata/EPSPDG1/epsp_system01.dbf'

OK. This means that your restore and recovery have succeeded but that you cannot open the database. Having in mind that you're creating a standby, that's no problem. It's time to do the following:

ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE DISCONNECT FROM SESSION; The primary database should start sending in the archives and resolve any gaps, if the archives requested are recent enough.

> released channel: disk1
> released channel: disk2
> RMAN-00571:
> =========================================================== RMAN-00569:
> =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571:
> =========================================================== RMAN-03002:
> failure of Duplicate Db command at 05/22/2009 13:29:02 RMAN-03015: error
> occurred in stored script Memory Script RMAN-06053: unable to perform
> media recovery because of missing log RMAN-06025: no backup of log
> thread 3 seq 18629 lowscn 8631733788 found to restore RMAN-06025: no
> backup of log thread 2 seq 21785 lowscn 8630576830 found to restore
> RMAN-06025: no backup of log thread 2 seq 21784 lowscn 8629360241 found
> to restore

These messages and all messages afer mean that rman cannot find a backup of the requested archive to restore. I don't know what backup system do you use, but that might be the consequence of backing up from several nodes. I see that you have threads 1,2 and 3, which means that you are using a unix based RAC system. Your path names (u01/oradata/EPSPDG1/ epsp_system01.dbf) tell me that this is a cluster file system (OCFS? VxFS/CFS? NFS? JFS2? HP PolyServe?) based system and you are probably backing up archives locally, each node to its own directory. With Symantec NetBackup, rman has to identify the node where the backup was taken like this:

send 'NB_ORA_CLIENT=node.domain.com';

If you are using NetBackup, you will have to restore backups from each node separately. Of course, it is a good practice to keep all archives in the same place, somewhere on your 3-way cluster, all nodes to the same directory.

In oter words, you should check your backup system and how do you back the archives up. If this is a 3rd party application system, ask the vendor to provide some consulting. They created the RAC, they should be capable of creating a standby, too.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com