Re: Setting up OS authentication

From: joel garry <>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

On May 21, 10:38 am, wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to setup Oracle 10g to use OS authentication but are
> getting the following errors.
> SQL*Loader-951: Error calling once/load initialization
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-01738: missing IN keyword
> Oracle IDs are working fine it's just when I use OS authentication.  I
> tried googling this but the solution is to "Place the keyword IN and
> lock mode directly after the table name in the LOCK TABLE statement
> and retry the statement."  Not sure where to put it in the test case
> below.
> Below is the simple Oracle test case I used.
> Thanks,
> Create test table:
> create table test (i number, s varchar2(3));
> Control file:
> INFILE test.dat
> (i, s)
> Data file:
> 1|foo
> 2|bar
> 3|baz

I suspect this is the similar to metalink 1082550.6 just 10g gives slightly different symptoms.

Try either not using direct=y or grant lock any table to the user (though the fact that you are getting a syntax error makes me guess the latter was made worse by 10g). Submit to oracle so they fix what the real problem is, or maybe there already is a patch.

Also note bug 5345978 - is there a special character like a dash in the username? Try specifying the schema explicitly as part of the table name in the control file, in quotes and be careful with case.

-- is bogus.
"Oracle just better hope it doesn't end up on the wrong side of the