Re: Setting up OS authentication

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:15:23 -0700 (PDT)

On May 21, 12:38 pm, yeung..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup Oracle 10g to use OS authentication but are
> getting the following errors.
>
> SQL*Loader-951: Error calling once/load initialization
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-01738: missing IN keyword
>
> Oracle IDs are working fine it's just when I use OS authentication.  I
> tried googling this but the solution is to "Place the keyword IN and
> lock mode directly after the table name in the LOCK TABLE statement
> and retry the statement."  Not sure where to put it in the test case
> below.
>
> Below is the simple Oracle test case I used.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Create test table:
>
> create table test (i number, s varchar2(3));
>
> Control file:
>
> OPTIONS (DIRECT=TRUE)
> LOAD DATA
> INFILE test.dat
> APPEND
> INTO TABLE test
> FIELDS TERMINATED BY "|"
> (i, s)
>
> Data file:
>
> 1|foo
> 2|bar
> 3|baz

Can you connect to the database through sqlplus using OS authentication? What is your os_authent_prefix and how is remote_os_authent set? You should be able to:

SQL> connect /

and successfully login to your Oracle database provided the currently connected OS user is valid in this Oracle database.

Until we know how you've set your OS authentication parameters it's difficult to say what may be the issue.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu May 21 2009 - 13:15:23 CDT

Original text of this message