Re: RMAN DUPLICATE failed at recovery time.

From: <perplejo10_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 00:16:44 -0700 (PDT)

Joel, thanks for clarifying the meaning of MAXSIZE in DELETE ARCHIVELOG context. I don't understand, however, how could I use MAXSIZE in the duplication script. Is this what are you suggesting? Could you please post an example?

I did tried different recoveries with no success. Recovering to a sequence number prior to 18247 (trying to force oracle to use cpkf7pg0_1_1 and cqkf7pg0_1_1 ) fails in the second phase. I believe this is because it has not all recovery information needed to complete Full backup restore and recovery.

I cannot remove the Set Until clause because the target database has already backed up and catalogued further archived logs, but I did try recover to a later point in time by using the sequence number of next archive log taken after target db backup completion. The results are the same, Oracle completes recovery from crkf7pg0_1_1 backup piece, omitting cpkf7pg0_1_1 and cqkf7pg0_1_1 files information, and fails. Received on Wed May 20 2009 - 02:16:44 CDT

Original text of this message