Re: how can i eliminate burleson's stuff from google search results?

From: ThanksButNo <>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:56:17 -0700 (PDT)

On May 19, 9:40 pm, wrote:
> All,
> posts from tend to rank relatively high in google
> search.
> is there some setting I can use to eliminate those from the result
> set?
> thanks!

Are you talking about regular Google search, or in Google Groups?

Coz regular Google search has buttons for voting on the results. Click the "up-arrow", and the result is boosted to the top. Click the "x", and the result is booted to the bottom.

I can't say for certain, but I believe they tally those into their top-secret ranking algorithms. It's not the same thing as a "kill file", but if enough people click the "x" on certain results, its bound to have an effect.