Re: RMAN DUPLICATE failed at recovery time.

From: <perplejo10_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:36:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Anthony, Thanks for your comment.
The error RMAN-06561 is confusing to me. For this error, the doc says:

Cause
The recovery failed because it requires more disk space. One of the following could have caused this error: 1) The MAXSIZE option is used but is not large enough to restore files. 2) Files should be restored to recovery area, but available disk space is not large enough to restore files.

Action
One of the following: 1) Increase the MAXSIZE parameter and retry the command. 2) Free up disk space in the recovery area.

In my case, none of both actions apply. I use default MAXSIZE parameter and the duplicated host recovery area has enough space.

What I don't understand is why Oracle is apparently doing recovery using backup set key order instead of log sequence number order. Received on Tue May 19 2009 - 10:36:21 CDT

Original text of this message