Re: RMAN DUPLICATE failed at recovery time.

From: Tony Sequeira <nobody_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:25:17 +0100

perplejo10_at_yahoo.es wrote:
> This is what is logged in the RMAN log when the duplication is
> performing point in time recovery of the restored datafiles :

[...]

> RMAN-06561: available space must be larger than 2061949 kb

What's this about?

I've seen the original symptoms before (9ir2) with a 2 node RAC duplicate to a single instance from an old backup. I eventually got it to recover by specifying archive logs manually. This was a production clone, so I didn't have time to track down the root cause, but I believe that it was only applying logs from the instance it had connected to, not the other node. I may have been wrong.

But I didn't see the message above.

--
S. Anthony Sequeira
++