RMAN DUPLICATE failed at recovery time.

From: <perplejo10_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 07:29:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

 I am trying to duplicate a 10gR2 Oracle database into a new host using different directory structure for datafiles and log files. The duplicated database is also 10gR2. Both Hosts use RHEL4 OS.

 I had successfully duplicated the target database in the past and therefore I assume that environment settings are correct. The process completes the first two duplication phases with no issues:

  1. Set newname and restore of datafiles
  2. Creation of a new clone controlfile, switch of datafile names and specification of online redologs based on log_file_name_convert parameter

But fails in the third one:
3) Point in time recovery of the restored datafiles

I am using a backup from the target database using device PARALLELISM = 4 and backupset compression is enabled. The RMAN backup script used is:
run {
 backup tag 'FULL_BACKUP' device type disk database;  backup tag 'REMAINING_ARCHIVELOG_BACKUP' device type disk archivelog all not backed up delete all input;
 delete noprompt obsolete device type disk;
}

 Target DB retention policy set to redundancy 1. I double check that all backup pieces are available to the duplicated host and presented in the same path as the target database.

The duplication script used is:

RUN {

ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux1 DEVICE TYPE DISK;
ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux2 DEVICE TYPE DISK;
ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux3 DEVICE TYPE DISK;
ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux4 DEVICE TYPE DISK;
SET UNTIL SEQUENCE = 18250;
DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE TO djprod2
 SKIP READONLY;
}

The sequence number 18250, is set to the newest full backup archive log sequence number + 1. Received on Tue May 19 2009 - 09:29:46 CDT

Original text of this message