From: <>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 10:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

On May 16, 7:41 am, "Chris Seidel" <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some questions about oracle's ILM:
> 1. Can the storage tiers be spread over different database servers or is it
> always in the same database and I have to scale my hardware power with
> oracle cluster?
> 2. The offline tier - how is this managed in concerns of export/delete and
> reimport?
> Thank you

Looks like it is some kind of kluge ( excuse me ... wrapper ) of things like oracle asm and partitioning with a front end done via app express.

So it won't do anything that asm and partitioning cannot do already. Of course you will have to be licensed for partitioning etc. Received on Sat May 16 2009 - 12:46:26 CDT

Original text of this message