Partitioning Question

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:56:35 -0400

Oracle 10.2.0.3

We have a number a tables partitioned by year. Each ends up with:

PARTITION_2009 VALUES LESS THAN (TO_DATE('01-JAN-2010','DD-MON-YYYY') ) PARTITION_2010 VALUES LESS THAN (MAXVALUE) I'm not too familiar with modifying partitions and after doing some testing and looking but not finding what I'm looking for elsewhere came here.

How would I change the partitioning so that the PARTITION_2010 will have dates less than 01-JAN-2011 and have a specific partition for the overflow?

I tried renaming the PARTITION_2010 to PARTITION_OVERFLOW and then adding a new partition for 2010 but received an error that the range had to be greater than the last partition.

I can't delete the PARTITION_2010 with MAXVALUE because it contains some rows.

Thanks. Received on Thu May 14 2009 - 08:56:35 CDT

Original text of this message