Re: Strange memory error during import ...

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 05:55:18 -0700 (PDT)

On May 11, 8:39 pm, zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:

snip

> > > I am on Oracle 10.2.0.3 on HP UNXI 11. When doing import after all
> > > tables have been imported,
> > > I get following emmory errors. I have seen it in 2 different database
> > > instances. No clue, why this error
> > > Occurs.
> > > sh: 3127 Memory fault
> > > sh: 3300 Memory fault
> > > sh: 3441 Memory fault
> > > sh: 3471 Memory fault
> > > sh: 3528 Memory fault
> > > sh: 3531 Memory fault
> > > sh: 3535 Memory fault
>
> > Because your script is screwed up and your shell is dying. How bright
> > do you have to be to use the -x flag and debug a little?
>
> > --http://mgogala.freehostia.com
>
> My script is so simple, it is a simple imp statement.., full import
> (full=Y). During imp, user1 is impoted (all tables,,, towards the end
> when it comes to view stored procedure..., this error occurs, but
> subsequenet users user2, user3  etc get imported successfuly. set -x
> will not provide any useful information.

You have something wrong probably with either the hardware ... your unix memory configuration ( my guess ) ... or your oracle software ... or your operating system software ...

Start eliminating them one by one .... keep us posted. Received on Tue May 12 2009 - 07:55:18 CDT

Original text of this message