Re: Problems starting new TNS Listener

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 05:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

On May 8, 5:14 am, Francesco Pighi <francesco.pi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 7:21 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:

> > > Yes sorry, in my previous reply I wrote %ORACLE_HOME% but actually I
> > > have specified the full path of the SE directory
> > > I have the following situation:
> > > XE directory = C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\
> > > SE directory = C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\
> > > TNS_ADMIN = C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\NETWORK\ADMIN- Hide quoted text -

> > Check the registry for a TNS_ADMIN setting which overrides the one
> > you're trying to set at the command prompt.
>
> Checked. The value in the registry is correct, as I specified earlier
> I set the environment variable either at session level and at machine
> level and in the windows registry all the two TNS_ADMIN settings point
> to the SE dir
>
> > Also check
> > Start->Programs->Oracle Installation Products for a Home Selector; use
> > it to select the SE home and you should be able to start your
> > listener.
>
> If I understood correctly you refer to the possibility (inside the
> Oracle Universal Installer) of sorting the ORACLE_HOMEs directories in
> the windows PATH, do you?

You do not understand correctly. I never mentioned the OUI, I mentioned the Oracle Home Selector, under

Start->Programs->Oracle Installation Products-> Oracle Home Selector

Since one of these homes is for a client software installation you will not have access to the Oracle Home Selector.

> If this is the case, I only have two ORACLE_HOMEs, one for the Oracle
> SE (and it's the first in the PATH) and the other for the ODP.Net.
>
> Thank you very much!- Hide quoted text -

Which lsnrctl file is being used, the one from the 'old' installation or the one from the 'new' installation? This sounds more like a path error than an environment error.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri May 08 2009 - 07:40:08 CDT

Original text of this message