Re: sqlldr ignores skip

From: <>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 03:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

On May 8, 5:13 am, Thomas Poenicke <> wrote:

> > Which release of Oracle are you using?  Without that information it's
> > practically impossible to solve your problem.
> > David Fitzjarrell
> Hi David,
> here is the Version Information:
> Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release - Product
> PL/SQL Release - Production
> CORE Production
> TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version - Production
> NLSRTL Version - Production
> Maybe the reason is the Express Edition.

The is missing a lot of maintenance patching up to might fix ... possibly?

I don't think you are "supposed to be able to" patch XE but some people have reported that it is possible under at least some circumstances? Maybe there is an 11g version of XE that works perhaps with SKIP?

To bypass your problem how about passing your input thru some kind of utility/procedure that ditches the records you don't want to load before it hits sqlldr. Received on Fri May 08 2009 - 05:17:05 CDT

Original text of this message