Re: RMAN: Delete obsolete backups but not obsolete archivelogs

From: <healdv_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 15:01:40 -0700 (PDT)

> Version?  Catalog?

9.2.0.8, no catalog, and 11g nocatalog. The above rman script is not 9i specific due to this line:

 backup archivelog all not backed up 2 times keep until time 'SYSDATE +7'; which on my 9i database I have as:

backup archivelog all not backed up 2 times; because 9i doesn't allow keep to be set for archive logs nor does it understand the until time statement its needs 'completed before' instead.

I know in 11g there are some special archive conditions that can be set in the rman configure options however my production and test databases are all 9i, I only use 11 when testing some script etc on my laptop.

regards
Vin Received on Thu May 07 2009 - 17:01:40 CDT

Original text of this message