Re: Log files tuning

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 08:00:22 -0500

Shakespeare wrote:
<snip>

> You have to DISABLE (not remove) the have-to-pay-for options in EM.
> Oracle Police check if you did. Having spent 15+ years of dealing with
> Oracle License Cops. I think I know them too well....
>
> We just had a situation where options were disabled in 9i, but after
> migrating to 10g were (optically) enabled in EM. Oracle found out and
> tried to charge, but we finally succeeded in proving the options were
> not used.......
>
> Shakespeare
>

>>> jg
>>> --
>>> _at_home.com is bogus.
>>> Louie, Louie.
>>> http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/04/1b4radio204040-bill-could-put-royalties-tune-times/?uniontrib

Pshht... my last gig had over 3K database enterprise-class servers including one of the largest non-govt, non-revenue producing databases in the country... WE knew how to negotiate. :) :) :) I think that we should find or start a reputable service with professional negotiators that can start beating O at their own game. Their sales people are the best used-car salesmen in the world and could sell a Pacer to almost anyone... :) :) Received on Wed May 06 2009 - 08:00:22 CDT

Original text of this message