Re: Frits Hoogland

From: Maxim Demenko <>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 14:31:44 +0200

>> This annoys me to no end! Frits Hoogland wrote and article about
>> the utility "sosreport" which is incidentally named "sysreport"
>> -bash-3.00$ rpm -qf /usr/sbin/sysreport
>> sysreport-1.3.15-6
>> -bash-3.00$
>> I tried writing him a comment on his weblog but, for some reason, my
>> comments are being marked as spam. Wordpress advises me to "notify the
>> blog administrator", but our good Frits did not publish his email, hence
>> the question: does anybody know his email? I must say that I am rather
>> disappointed by a blogger which doesn't tell his audience how to contact
>> him. The article in question is here:
>> If someone here can communicate with Frits, please let him know of the
>> objection.
>> --
> mladen, this apparently happens sometimes. it does not happen to me
> when I try to do it anonymously.
> my email address is
> regards, frits

It seems, the name sosreport is correct for some distributions - since RHEL 4.6 sysreport is deprecated and sosreport should be used It seems, for backward compatibility sysreport is still available and is   symlinked to sosreport. The corresponding package name is sos (arch/version)

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon May 04 2009 - 07:31:44 CDT

Original text of this message