Completely unsupported, I know (RAC 11g on a laptop)

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 01:29:25 +0100

I am trying (for self educational purposes) to install RAC (11g) on a laptop using VMware with two guest clients (CentOS5 masquerading as RHEL5) in a cluster.

Does anyone have an idea what the minimum physical RAM is on the host? I have 2GB, so when I try to allocate 1GB each to the nodes it gets a bit unstable. However, if I allocate 512M to each guest, their OS is perfectly stable, but there does not seem to be sufficient resource to start the ASM instances successfully.

I think I need to upgrade the laptop to 4GB physical RAM before this will work. What is the opinion of the panel?

Thanks,
Palooka Received on Mon Apr 27 2009 - 19:29:25 CDT

Original text of this message