Re: Speculations on oracle buying sun

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 16:41:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 26, 6:38 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Like I said before to another person: look it up.
> This comes up in a simple google search:http://www.techspot.com/news/23591-hp-surpasses-ibm.html
> why is it that folks refuse to do a simple search?
>
> Anyways: who cares?  IBM is IT history, their products just can't
> survive for much longer.  Even their software is cactus, nowadays.

IBM is going to be around for a very very long time.

HP numbers would probably look a whole lot different if you subtracted out revenue related to printing. Maybe not in the short term but probably sooner than later printing revenue is really going to turn into outdated technology.

Not that any of that has much to do with why Oracle decided to buy Sun after the deal with IBM fell apart. Received on Sun Apr 26 2009 - 18:41:09 CDT

Original text of this message