Re: Speculations on oracle buying sun

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:25:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 23, 2:04 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_bogus.email.com> wrote:

snip

> > Narh.  HP is too big now. Bigger than IBM.  Logical candidate would
> > therefore be for M$ to buy IBM.
>
> Well, that would be hillarious! MS began as the vendor of the OS for IBM
> "intelligent terminals" and a small time Unix vendor.

I haven't done any digging around but I have to think IBM is bigger in overall revenue than HP. Services and consulting etc is just huge for them. HP is trying hard to get into the services and consulting but as far as I know they are way behind IBM in that area.

Nuno you got some references to back your claim that HP is bigger than IBM or are you thinking in specific categories or what? Received on Sat Apr 25 2009 - 18:25:16 CDT

Original text of this message