Re: server managed backup on XE

From: <rnbjrnbj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:20:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 25, 7:21 am, johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net wrote:
> On Apr 25, 9:37 am, rnbjr..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > Maybe someone in Oracle for XE can clarify why they wrote what they
> > wrote in that document and clear the confusion on XE.do they even
> > care?
>
> I do not think that we understand what you are confused about.  With
> that as background, this would make it difficult for the doc from
> oracle to be revised to your expectations appropriately.
>
> Can you use rman with XE?  The answer is yes.
>
> Are there limitations about which rman features you can use with XE?
> The answer is yes.
>
> Are there limitations between XE and other Enterprise Edition or
> Standard Edition features that are not available with XE?  The answer
> is yes.

Hello, I am just trying to learn the limitation as stated in the document.please read that pdf. Nothing more and nothing less. Oracle should be able to clarify what they documented in a straight forward fashion. Am I asking for too much?
Regards
Suri Received on Sat Apr 25 2009 - 11:20:48 CDT

Original text of this message