Re: Database Size Limit with Oracle 10g Standard Edition

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:09:16 +0200

Mladen Gogala schreef:
> Na Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:14:52 +0200, Shakespeare napisao:
>
>> The max numbers of sockets for a server to be allowed to use SE is 4. As
>> far as I know, that's the only limitation....
>>
>> Shakespeare

> Sockets or threads?

Sockets.

In the latest Licensing Policies, Oracle states: "Standard Edition requires a minimum of 5 Named User Plus licenses or the total number of actual users, whichever is greater. Oracle Database Standard Edition can only be licensed on servers that have a maximum capacity of 4 sockets. A blade server that meets this criteria is also eligible for licensing this program. Effective with the release of 10g, the Oracle Database Standard Edition product includes the Real Applications Clusters database option."

Shakespeare Received on Fri Apr 24 2009 - 10:09:16 CDT

Original text of this message