Re: Database Size Limit with Oracle 10g Standard Edition

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:18:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:02:59 -0400, Dereck L. Dietz wrote:

> I haven't been able to find anything other than 11g specifications yet
>
> I remember once seeimg 10g specifications saying the maximum database
> size for the Oracle 10g Standard Edition was 500GB. Is that correct?
>
> Thanks.

I don't think so. On 32 bit Linux, the maximum oracle file size is 32GB and you can have at least 65500 of them, which yields 2PB (with "P" as in Petabyte) at the very least. Where did you come across that number? If the platform is 64 bit, and it usually is, you can have larger file system block on the XFS file system, and it will make those numbers even larger. If you need really big files, do try XFS, it can have block sizes of 16k or 32k. You can also make your database block larger which may speed up your index processing (duck & cover).

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com