Re: installation error

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:25:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 22, 11:50 am, happytoday <ehabaziz2..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Checking kernel parameters
> Checking for BIT_SIZE=32; found BIT_SIZE=32.    Passed
> Checking for shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295; found no entry.  Failed
> <<<<
> Checking for shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100; found no entry. Failed <<<<
> Checking for semsys:seminfo_semmni=100; found no entry. Failed <<<<
> Checking for semsys:seminfo_semmsl=256; found no entry. Failed <<<<
> Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<
> Problem: The kernel parameters do not meet the minimum requirements
> (see above).
> Recommendation: Perform operating system specific instructions to
> update the kernel parameters.

There is a similar bug on another product which was fixed in the 10201 base release. The workaround was to make /etc/system readable by Oracle. Also, be sure these are specified there, I guess, I'm not on your platform. I haven't checked, since I'm not doing your installation, but I presume there must be something about kernel settings in your install guide. You are following the install guide, and the release notes, for your exact configuration, exactly, right?

I see this in some release notes (but I haven't looked in yours):

"5.13 Solaris 10 Resource Control and Parameter Settings Oracle recommends that you set both resource control and /etc/system/ parameters listed in the Configuring Kernel Parameters section for Solaris 10 in the installation guides. Operating system parameters not replaced by resource controls continue to affect performance and security on Solaris 10 systems."

> Checking physical memory requirements ...
> Expected result: 922MB
> Actual Result: 508MB
> Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<
> Problem: The system does not have sufficient physical memory to
> perform the install.
> Recommendation: Increase the amount of physical memory available to
> your system before continuing with the installation.

If you can't figure this one out, there may be a future for you failing in multi-level marketing.

Please watch your crossposting.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.