Re: Speculations on oracle buying sun

From: Matthias Hoys <>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:23:38 +0200

<> wrote in message On Apr 22, 1:50 pm, "Matthias Hoys" <> wrote:

> Talking about virtualization ... Oracle now has Sun's virtualization
> products ... so I guess official support for Oracle on VMWare won't be for
> pretty soon ...

Oh I guess that could get nasty ... you are "will be soon perhaps" supported in a virtualized environment if it is our software providing the virtualization otherwise ... crickets?

Does oracle not support virtual enviroments done out of OEL based systems now?

This is from Metalink note 249212.1:

"Oracle has not certified any of its products on VMware virtualized
environments. Oracle Support will assist customers running Oracle products
on VMware in the following manner: Oracle will only provide
support for issues that either are known to occur on the native OS, or
can be demonstrated not to be as a result of running on VMware."

Although the last modified date is november 2007 ...