Re: utl_compress zip file

From: <hegyvari_at_ardents.hu>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 01:26:10 -0700 (PDT)

On ápr. 17, 17:37, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> Comments embedded.
>
> On Apr 17, 4:00 am, hegyv..._at_ardents.hu wrote:
>

> > On ápr. 16, 23:28, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:

> > > Something basic: You should not force someone voluntarily answering
> > > your incomplete questions (There is as usual no platform and no
> > > version) to look up the error message in the online documentation.
> > > It is something *YOU* should have done prior to posting.
> > > Alternatively, you should quit your job and find a less challenging
> > > one.
>
> > > Sybrand Bakker
> > > Senior Oracle DBA
>
> > For one thing: I surely do not wish to get any help from you.
>
> Interesting.
>
> > Whenever
> > you answered any of my questions in the past all your answers were
> > either useless or wrong.
>
> Not according to your posting history:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups/search?scoring=d&filter=0&enc_author=...
>
> > Something for you to think about.
>
> Possibly you should also think about what  you wrote as your statement
> isn't supported by your history of posts.
>
> > If you want
> > to help and you need more info ask for it.
>
> Search the newsgroup and you'll find numerous responses stating the
> required information to include in a post, and you've continually
> failed to comply.  To repeat information widely spread throughout the
> archives:
>
> Include the following MINIMAL information with your posts:
>
> * Oracle version (in numeric form, as '8i','9i','10g','11g' marketing
> labels help  no one)
> * OS platform and version
> * The error code and exact error message received
> * Table DDL and sample data (when diagnosing queries)
>
> We may ask for more information, but if that minimal list isn't
> supplied we really can't do much to help you.
>
> > If you do not want to help
> > then just leave me alone. Please.
>
> And if you WANT help provide the barest minimum of information shown
> in the list above.  Also read here:
>
> http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm
>
> to learn the posting gudelines for the comp.databases.oracle.server
> newsgroup.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

Telling someone to adhere to certain guidelines (what you did) and what Sybrand Bakker wrote is quite different. The first I gladly accept, but if someone tells me that I force anyone here to help me or to give up my job is another story. Thanks.

K Received on Wed Apr 22 2009 - 03:26:10 CDT

Original text of this message