Re: Speculations on oracle buying sun

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:54:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 22, 12:13 am, johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net wrote:
> On Apr 21, 9:05 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > > Compared to some of the many many acquisitions that oracle has made
> > > over the last years this move has many possible angles it will be
> > > interesting to see if and what impact is made on the oracle on linux
> > > evangelism.
>
> > None whatsoever.
>
> > This is a direct shot at Microsoft.  Balmer was stuck for words to comment on
> > it, because M$ essentially has no way of responding to this.
>
> > In another coupla years Oracle is gonna have a turn-key solution to beat
> > Win-servers out of DCs.
>
> Running linux?  Running Solaris?  Running both?

doesn't matter. the next step for virtualization is to provide an entire server.
my guess at this stage is a winserver emulation running inside a *n*x lpar
or virtual server under something like Xen or even - God forbid! - vmware,
after Oracle buys EMC.
<d&r> Received on Wed Apr 22 2009 - 02:54:44 CDT

Original text of this message