Re: Unbreakable Solaris

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:53:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 20, 6:01 pm, "Bob Jones" <em..._at_me.not> wrote:
> "Mladen Gogala" <gogala.mla..._at_bogus.email.com> wrote in message

> > Oracle buys SUN! Some time ago, Oracle was a servant of the sun-god.
> > Times are changing.
>
> >http://www.oracle.com/index.html
> >http://www.sun.com/
> >http://slashdot.org/
> > --
> >http://mgogala.free hostia.com
>
> That's really not much of a surprise for me. It is more logical than Sun +
> IBM.
My first thought is to agree with this, but, hey, IBM does more than anyone with linux, don't they? They put out more patents than anyone. The real debate is whether they missed out on costing Sun's intellectual property realistically and strategically. Larry seems better at that than any corporation (I have the Rdb stuff in mind as I say that).

> Sometimes you just have to wonder how deep Larry's wallet is. He may be only
> half way through his shopping list.

And it's not even his wallet. He owns less than a quarter of Oracle.

The Miracle of OPM - Other People's Money. Get it. Use it. Keep it!

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Oracle.  Soup to nuts.