Re: Generic procedure to produce INSERT scripts from table data.

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 21, 6:52 am, Serge Rielau <srie..._at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:

snip

> Below a procedure I wrote upon request which I figure may be useful for
> more people. This procedure fills a table with INSERT statements derived
> from the data of an arbitrary table, view, alias, or nickname.
> It used multi-row inserts to make the inserts faster.
> All base DB2 types are handled including small lobs (which can be
> printed) and "for bit data".
> The code has been tested (a bit) on DB2 Cobra and DB2 9.5 but shoudl
> work on DB2 9.1 and DB2 8 as well.

If I remember correctly the last DB2 system I did any work on was 3.1 but maybe was 2.2 ( if those releases are even correct ). That was a prior life ago ...

Looks like DB2 has been almost as good as Oracle at putting out new version numbers eh? Received on Tue Apr 21 2009 - 10:02:09 CDT

Original text of this message