Re: Speculations on oracle buying sun

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:05:12 +1000

hpuxrac wrote,on my timestamp of 21/04/2009 10:37 AM:

> Compared to some of the many many acquisitions that oracle has made
> over the last years this move has many possible angles it will be
> interesting to see if and what impact is made on the oracle on linux
> evangelism.

None whatsoever.

This is a direct shot at Microsoft. Balmer was stuck for words to comment on it, because M$ essentially has no way of responding to this.

In another coupla years Oracle is gonna have a turn-key solution to beat Win-servers out of DCs.

Microsoft's response will be to get into hardware as well, but it's a bit too late. I can see it already:

Balmer: Dell, are you for sale?
Dell: Get lost!
Balmer: AMD, are you for sale?
AMD: Say *wot*?

Balmer: Lenovo, are you for sale?
Lenovo: Solly, no speak engrish
Balmer: anyone for sale out there, we need to buy a server maker?
(silence...) Received on Tue Apr 21 2009 - 08:05:12 CDT

Original text of this message