Re: Unbreakable Solaris

From: joel garry <>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:03:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 20, 7:47 am, Michael Austin <> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > Oracle buys SUN! Some time ago, Oracle was a servant of the sun-god.
> > Times are changing.
> >

> This is going to be very interesting...  So, DBAs really are going to be
> sys admins going forward?  (OEL and now SUN :) )

No, of course not, java apps will replace all DBAs and sysadmins. :-O

> Now we as Oracle DBA's are going to be RDBMS, Rdb, TimesTen DBAs, MySQL
> DBAs as well as all of the apps and middleware stuff - just trying to
> keep up with it all can be maddening.

I can't say as I know of any Rdb DBAs, even as I run hp. Certainly agree with the apps and middleware stuff, yeesh.

Perhaps the most telling is oracle not being bothered by being slashdotted (oh wait, it was: ).

-- is bogus.
set NOONS :-)