Re: add column to many tables at once

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:35:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 18, 6:25 pm, student4life <student4li..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone show me how  I can add a column to many tables that have
> names starting with some similar characters? TIA.

Why would you want to do that exactly? Give us a convincing business case that this is some kind of real world business need and you might get some help.

Otherwise it just sounds like homework ... perhaps your homework?

Back to you for a question ... what would your sql or plsql look like to find a list of table names that start with some similar characters? Received on Sat Apr 18 2009 - 17:35:31 CDT

Original text of this message