Re: Advanced SQL statements writing

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:52:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 16, 1:19 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:21 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>

> > I'll leave this out of the mini-faq unless someone has a good
> > suggestion as to how I might address it.

> > jg
> > --
> > _at_home.com is bogus.
> > There's always witch hunts:http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/apr/16/1n16girl235121-man...Hide quoted text -
>
> This seems to be a good start:

Well, in case anyone hadn't noticed, that link is in there under http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm#subj12 It also doesn't really address the particular issue here, of asking about every little detail until people are way annoyed.

While I'm looking at it, I see the section On Not Reacting Like A Loser seems to have gone unnoticed by moderators in some places, and is relevant to this thread drift (or hijack as the case may be):

"There have been hacker forums where, out of some misguided sense of hyper-courtesy, participants are banned from posting any fault-finding with another's posts, and told “Don't say anything if you're unwilling to help the user.” The resulting departure of clueful participants to elsewhere causes them to descend into meaningless babble and become useless as technical forums."

Can't really say oracle-l and forums.oracle.com are useless, but some effect has been seen.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Egad, my CS4 (my old C$serve email, not some flashy graphic design