Re: Advanced SQL statements writing

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:38:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:21:58 -0700, joel garry wrote:

> I'm not convinced the lack of feedback from people scrolling on by will
> produce desired results. Sometimes you have to get the mule's
> attention. Yet a gang-faq can scare away people who simply need to learn
> the milieu. No good answer, though a partial answer is spelling out the
> rules simply and clearly. Yet again, many of us are here _because_ of
> the lack of enforceable rules.

I, for one, am here because of the lack of enforceable rules. I use my sinuses to decide whether to scroll down and ignore or write a caustic reply: if my sinuses hurt, the offender is likely to incur a sarcastic remark. If my sinuses are in working order, I'll scroll. On the other hand, any newcomer would do wisely to just lurk for a while, before posting. My occasional tantrums are not a big secret around here and I am by no means the only one with a temper. Potential newcomers should accept the rules and behave accordingly or send me some Claritine. Others can probably be bribed just as easy.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com