Re: Creating DB link with SQL Server

From: <navneel.singh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 15, 10:09 pm, IM <i..._at_ianmurphy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> > > And on which platform is  SQL Server installed? Just kidding, we all know
> > > that there can be only one, as in Highlander. You can buy a transparent
> > > gateway for SQL Server and Oracle will allow you to create a DB link
> > > pointing to SQL Server
>
> > You may also want to try a free solution using Oracle Heterogeneous
> > Services, UnixODBC and FreeTDS (http://www.freetds.org/) and see if it
> > fit your needs.
>
> > Y.
>
> You can also go from SQL Server to Oracle with "Linked Servers" in SQL
> Server.  May not be what you are after but it's there for you anyway.
>
> Cheers,
>
> IM

Is anyone aware of any good online documentation that i can use to connect from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10G (residing on a 64 bit linux system). I found few documentation on transparent gateways which allows vice versa connection. Would be gratefull if anyone can point me on how i can connection from SQL Server as well.

Thanks. Received on Wed Apr 15 2009 - 17:19:10 CDT

Original text of this message