Re: oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:58:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 15, 2:16 am, "hehehe" <m..._at_m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>     What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

See metalink Note: 161546.1

On 64 bit, you can use up to 4G of memory total using Windows configuration bullshit, perhaps more if Enterprise edition. But not all hardware is supported, and the docs available may be insufficient or misleading, and even official support may not understand all what's going on and be honest about it anyways.

You may be able to pay for extended support under the lifetime support policy, see http://www.oracle.com/support/lifetime-support-policy.html . However, it may be you need to be already supported, I don't know, talk to your friendly helpful salesperson.

It's worth it to just go to 10g.

Of course, if you don't have support, you can't see the metalink note... but Shakespeare helped with that. Only 197000 pages to look through. Try addning PAE and AWE to the search.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
'I would suggest you start with something like "In order to to my job