Re: RMAN and re-do logs

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:34:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 14, 11:44 am, chris.br..._at_providentinsurance.co.uk wrote:
> Oracle 10.2.0.4 production RAC on windows 2003 x 64
>
> We are completing a restore procedure that includes clearing out redo-
> logs from an ASM directory and doing the usual restore & recover
>
> For some reason we get a problem with redo / we do have to do rename
> the disk group as this has changed from source database to target
> database
>
> ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 5 of thread 3
> ORA-00312: online log 5 thread 3: '+CLMREDOB/lvclaims/onlinelog/
> group_5.257.684071335'
>
> Please could someone explain at what point rman recreates redo and why
> we may be getting a problem
> / I am confident that the redo log directory does exist as we got
> round problem by using ...recover using from backup controlfile syntax
>
> cheers
> Chris B

Typically you finish a recover database using backup controlfile with an alter database open resetlogs at which point the online redo logs will be recreated.

If you are already doing the open resetlogs it could be something related to your settings for db_create parameters ( maybe pointing to stuff that ain't there ? ) things like db_create_file_dest and the multiple db_create_online_log_dest_1/2/.../5 ... Received on Tue Apr 14 2009 - 17:34:30 CDT

Original text of this message