Re: RMAN and re-do logs

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:14:49 -0500

chris.brown_at_providentinsurance.co.uk wrote:
> Oracle 10.2.0.4 production RAC on windows 2003 x 64
>
> We are completing a restore procedure that includes clearing out redo-
> logs from an ASM directory and doing the usual restore & recover
>
> For some reason we get a problem with redo / we do have to do rename
> the disk group as this has changed from source database to target
> database
>
> ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 5 of thread 3
> ORA-00312: online log 5 thread 3: '+CLMREDOB/lvclaims/onlinelog/
> group_5.257.684071335'
>

> Please could someone explain at what point rman recreates redo and why
> we may be getting a problem
> / I am confident that the redo log directory does exist as we got
> round problem by using ...recover using from backup controlfile syntax
>
> cheers
> Chris B

I am confused. Are you restoring or cloning? What steps did you take to get to where you are? Is it really production or a copy of production for test because clearing out the redo ensures you cannot recover your production database. Received on Tue Apr 14 2009 - 16:14:49 CDT

Original text of this message